New Blanket weed treatment
Algae growth is caused by many factor. Some of the more common reasons are:
Direct sunlight, high nitrate levels, calcerous matter, overfeeding, overstocking,
inefficient or failing filtration, lack of natural plants or hard, alkaline water are
Waterlife's new Algiblitz resolves blanket weed issues by altering the water chemistry, causing it to lose structure, forming into balls/clumps that can then be easily be removed.
3 doses for 4,500 litres.
For further information contact Waterlife. Tel + 44 (0)1753 685696 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Why use pond salts
Whilst pond fish are not found in salt water, there are many positives for having background levels in a garden pond. Some of the main reasons are listed below:
1. Low levels of salt in ponds are recommended for the uptake of oxygen and the release of carbon dioxide (C02) across the gills. Stress can result in a reduction of these electrolytes and the fishes' ability to get rid of C02 and ammonium (NH4).
2. Salt will also help to block nitrite up take through the gills in situations where the filter has failed, over feeding has occurred or in new ponds.
3. Recent research suggests nitrate up take in, freshwater fish is also lowered in the presence of salt.
4. Salt, enhances the production of fishes' body mucus. Mucus shedding is a natural way of fighting disease for fish.
5. Many parasites and pathogens do not like the addition of salt to water . Salt will also cleanse wounds.
6. Salt reduces the point at which, pond water freezes in winter.
7. Low levels of salt are also beneficial to filter bacteria as a source of food and improving bacteria mobility thus enhancing filtration efficiency.
New price busting pond salt from Waterlife
Waterlife has launched a new 10 kilo size pond tonic salt (PondSal), which has a launch RRP of just £11.65!
The packaging is striking, with simple to follow instructions. A grab handle is present for ease of transport.
Pondsal improves fish health and vitality, deters parasites and pathogens, cleanses wounds and improves filter efficiency.
Available now from all good stockitsts.
Call Waterlife today on tel 01753 685696 or email email@example.com
Waterlife's new Needle HydrometerFast accurate and easy-to-use way of monitoring salinity (saltiness) in marine aquaria. Ideal for setting up new tanks and on-going maintenance.